Rules and Conditions
- The Wee Wonders Regional Qualifiers will be played using stroke play scoring, with the competitor returning the lowest gross score being the winner. The first placed players from each category in a Regional Qualifier will qualify automatically for the Grand Final.
- A parent or nominated adult must act as a Supervisor for his or her own child on Course during the competition and this will be a condition of entry. The Supervisors will agree and record the number of strokes taken by each player after each hole. No advice may be given to competitors on the course. A supervisor does not require a full knowledge of the Rules of Golf, but some knowledge would be helpful. The role is primarily to keep the player’s score and to supervise their behaviour on the course.
- Competitors are NOT required to have a handicap or be a member of a golf club in order to compete in the Wee Wonders Championships.
- Juniors can enter into as many Regional Qualifying events as they wish. If a player qualifies from more than one regional qualifier, their place in the Grand Final will be taken from the event they qualified from first.
- The Wee Wonders Championships will be played under the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews Rules of Golf, except in respect of the matters and circumstances referred to below, in which case the Wee Wonders Rules of Play will apply.
- All competitors should check in at the registration point at least 30 minutes before their starting time, and must be at the first tee 10 minutes before their starting time.
- Spectators are advised for safety reasons not to attempt accessing the course. Players shall walk at all times unless specifically permitted by the Committee to ride.
- Please ensure you check in advance and comply with the dress code and for each venue. Good behaviour and golf etiquette must be observed at all times.
- All starting groups will be in 2’s or 3’s only and will be played in their own age groups. In the event of a single player in an age group they will be slotted in to the nearest age group.
- Queries or issues that arise during an event must be raised with the host venue on the day and must be resolved before a scorecard has been signed. Parents and/or supervisors cannot raise a query following the event as it is impossible to review and resolve this effectively once the event has been completed.
- Except for death or personal injury caused by breach of its duty, Wee Wonders Limited will not be responsible for death, injury, disease, damage or loss sustained by any person taking part in or attending any Wee Wonders Championships event.
- Entries shall be accepted via the online registration and booking form, available from the chosen event portal via the Wee Wonders website.
- Entries shall be accepted on a first come first served basis and entries will close when the maximum numbers of entrants are received or on the closing date.(whichever applies first) There are no late entries allowed.
- There are seven categories of competitor: Boys 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 & 11-12, Girls 5-8, 9-10 & 11-12
- Users are responsible for ensuring that they select the correct age category when registering and entering into events. If you find you have been assigned the wrong age category, please contact us and we will assign you to the correct category.
- All registration and payments must be made by the closing date. (1 week before the date of the Qualifying Competition in which the player wishes to compete.)
- Competitors may compete in more than one Qualifying Competition. Competitors who must withdraw from an event should give as much advance notice as possible; entry fees are non-refundable.
- Competitors are responsible for checking results on the website and completing their registration to the next round when they receive their invitation, this must be completed within 1 week of the results being verified).
- If any of the first placed players of an event has already qualified from another event in that region we will inform the next best placed player in that event.
- Entrants may participate in any number of Regional Qualifiers.
- (TBC) Exemptions – Grand Finalists 1st, 2nd & 3rd in the previous year will be exempt from qualification and will progress directly to the Grand Final the next year. (They may enter Regional Qualifiers if they wish)
- The eligibility by age shall be determined by the entrant’s age on 1 September in the competition year. The Committee may request the production of a Birth Certificate of any competitor at any time during the Championships.
- All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Committee, which reserves the right to accept or refuse, or, having accepted, subsequently to reject any entry without giving any reason for its decision.
- The Committee reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or competitor making a false statement on their registration form.
- Starting Tee times will be available 4/5 days before the event. This information should be sought from our website www.weewondersgolf.com and on the event portals. Tee times will not be sent to competitors automatically.
- Wee Wonders Limited reserves the right to amend these Rules and Conditions.